This video involves active participation. Reserve 1 hour. It revises lesson 1/2 grammar, vocabulary, devanāgarī letters, and new consonants.
Source: Introduction to Sanskrit (4th Ed) – Thomas Egenes – Part One
- Use answers section in the book, and translate into Eng/San.
- Practice devanāgarī writing. Here are practice sheets to download and print: 1, 2, 3.
- Simple vowels: a, ā, i, ī, u, ū, ṛ, ṝ, ḷ,
- Complex vowels/diphthongs: e, ai, o, au
- Velar/Throat consonants: ka, kha, ga, gha, ṅa
- Palatal consonants: ca, cha, ja, jha, ña
These are not part of official course. They were recorded during Covid-19 to prepare students for chapter 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 of the book when they return to class.
Should you go through them if going through this course from scratch? Yes. As they're well structured and to the point.
- Book Chapter 3 Intro
- Book Chapter 4 Intro
- Book Chapter 5 Intro
- Book Chapter 6 Intro
- Book Chapter 7 Intro
You'll have more questions throughout the course. How to ask? Leave in comments below, so others can also benefit. I will respond in 72 hours. Only ask specific to Lesson.
Recorded 26 March, 2020