This is collection of quality Advaita Vedanta resources (PDF's, books, FAQ's, explanations, etc) - which can help you further in clarifying how to live intelligently and further explain the vision of Oneness.
Before diving into any resource, remember, Vedanta only becomes fully alive when taught by a living human being (guru/ācāryaḥ). Self-study is only meant as a follow up after studying from a teacher.
To pursue any meaningful career, we seek a professional and develop a relationship with him-her. It's no different in spirituality.
Once the guru/teacher has guided the aspirant — below are some recommended prescriptions given to maintain the aspirant's sanity, well-being and clarity...
BEGINNER: Simplicity and step-by-step structure.
- ExploreVedanta.com: Free practical step-by-step Vedanta course. How to live it! Start and finish it - before moving onto next recommended resource #2 below.
- VedantaHub.org: Hundreds of videos arranged in categories of various Upanishad texts and scriptures by various Advaita teachers.
TECHNIQUES: Methods & Meditations.
- 42 sadhanas by Chinmaya Mission.
- Sadhana Panchakam by Adi Shankara. 40 practices to qualify the mind for mokṣa.
- Meditation, A Journey of Exploration: Almost every Vedantic meditation technique. Step-by-step instructions, illustrations.
ADVANCED: Resources for pundits, Sanskrit scholars and serious Intellectuals.
- ArshaAvinash: Hundreds of books on non-dual Vedānta, technical manuals, Sanskrit grammar, etc. Devoted to Swami Dayananda Saraswati's lineage. And his most prominent disciple Swami Paramarthananda. In my experience, both teachers are closest to Adi Shankara's method of teaching.
- Arsha Drishti (Sanskrit Tools | Vedic texts) : Specifically for Sanskrit scholars.
- Arsha Vidya UK: Swamini Atmaprakashananda is a Dayananda disciple. Hundreds of talks on various Upaniṣads, and articles teaching Traditional Vedānta.
- VedantaStudents: Every major Vedanta text/Upanishad categorized, summarized, explained, visually sketched out and commented by Swami Paramarthananda (arguably the most sophisticated/insightful Advaita guru still alive), and his students. Some are from other schools. But all fit traditional Vedanta non-duality.
- Vendata literature / PDF book downloads : Brahma Sūtras, Purāṇa, Upaniṣads, Ātmā Bodha, etc)
- Chinfo.org: Their teachers are residential in Kerala, India. However, I favor them specifically for the brilliant online self-paced courses, esp, "Foundations of Vedanta Course".
- Dayananda.org: Look under "Teachers".
- Independent sites of teachers teaching under Dayananda:
- ShiningWorld.com: First exponent who introduced me into the proper tradition of Vedanta was James Swartz.
VEDANTA FOR YOUR CHILDREN:
- Purna Vidya: Swamini Pramananda (Ammaji) has put together a Vedic program for the young-lings which incorporates the Indian culture, dharma, Sanskrit, fun stories and brahmāvidyā.
WISDOM & FUN:
- Game of Snakes and Ladders: Ancient game (also called moksha patam), incorporates wisdom of the Vedas onto a single game board.