Session 5 completes the meaning of “apyāyāntu mamāngāni” prayer from Chāndogya Upaniṣad.
It discusses 4 distortions all humans are subject to. All serious spiritual aspirants are advised to consistently nurture them before and during pursuit of “sarvam brahma” (Permanent Self-Realization & Actualization as Advaita Vedanta teaches).
- The result of “Enlightenment sickness” in Spiritual marketplace. Consequence of incomplete Self-Knowledge or premature conclusion of “I am the Whole“.
- 3 Kinds of Dharma's one needs to correctly follow/practice: (1) samanya dharma, (2) svadharma, (3) loka-sangraha
- Why cheating/lying/manipulating/unforgiving/grievances always leads to your EVENTUAL LOSS. (Prevents happiness, Mokṣa)
- Reason why humans cheat/lie/manipulate – despite knowing/feeling it's NOT right. (rāga-dveṣa or likes-dislikes)
- Two forces in Universe that always ensure a loss for any unethical/immoral behavior. (dṛṣta-phalam, adṛṣta-phalam)
- How to know what one's duties/responsibilities are in every moment.
- For pursuit of Moksha – change of attitude from “Me” to “Us” is helpful: loka-sangraha
- Emotional Management: 4 ways to manage suppressed, stagnating emotions.
- Cause for our Inferiority-complex. (Not feeling good enough, inadequate, small, unimportant, not valued, etc)
- Conclusions about (1) World and (2) People – shift from narrow minded view TO broad minded view – is an attribute of a wise person.
Lines covered are:
- mā mā brahma nirākarot
- anirākaraṇam astu anirākaraṇam me astu
- tat ātmani nirate yaḥ upaniṣatsu dharmāḥ te mayi santu
At end (1:19:42h), we have a spontaneous FAQ on Self.
Download visual mind map of this session.
29 May 2018