Session 19 is establishes clarity for Advaita Vedanta scholars/fanatics by seeing examples how subtle mistakes of non-dual vision creates subtle ego arrogance (duality). Possible corrections are provided. Also we remove common false notions about Moksa/Permanent Self-Realization (eg. need to clear all vāsanās/saṃskāras).
- Clarity about Satya-Mithyā Relationship (Non-changing/Changing)
Please answer to test your understanding:
– What is a vikaraḥ?
– ____ inheres in all vikarah?
– Īśvara is All ___ and all ___.
- Mokṣa is not __. But rather shifting “I” to non-changing Consciousness.
– What does mokṣa mean?
– Justify why mokṣa is NOT about exhausting vāsanās/saṃskāras?
– What are the names of the 3 puruṣārthas when *most* of vāsanās/saṃskāras exhaustion should have taken place?
– Explain why mokṣa IS also about exhausting vāsanās/saṃskāras?
– What will happen if you spend your entire life trying to become “pure”?
- How NOT to see the world.
– Give 2 reason why (1) seeing the world as insentient and (2) Consciousness as sentient – is a incorrect nondualistic vision.
– The CAUSE of vikaraḥ (modfications) is ___?
– And the Truth of ___, is ___?
– Key to Vedānta success is:
(1) Know what is V__
(2) Understand that Invariable NEVER changes to __
(3) Discriminate between Invariable and Variable until you’re so ___, that don’t need to discriminate consciously any longer.
- Mistake of denying Body-Mind after nondualism vision.
– Justify the incorrect vision of the TOTAL (Brahman) when one denies the Body-Mind as “unimportant”?
- The attitude of Vedanta in life.
– In the light of “All is Īśvara”, give 3 examples how this knowledge will cause you to act/behave differently in day-to-day situations?
Download visual mind map of this session.